Sach Pass is a 4390
Meter mountain pass in Chamba District, Himachal Pradesh, India on the Pir
Panjal Range of the Himalayas. It is 127 km (79 mi) from the District
Headquarters. It connects the Chamba valley with the Pangi valleys of Himachal
Pradesh. Best Time to visit - Normally Sach Pass is open from
mid-May to mid-October and even during this period; it closes down frequently
due to landslides and water logging. Add to that, even the road between Sach
Pass and Killar can close down frequently during monsoon season.History -
1998 Chamba massacre also took place at Satrundi & Kalaban when 35 Hindus
and some Buddhists, mostly laborers, were shot down by terrorists, and 11
injured. They were working on the Saach Pass road. There was a lack of security
but now the whole area is under surveillance and is now getting more popular
among trekkers and tourists
Click on available dates to start booking
- What the
Registration is on.
Indicates the number
of slots available in a batch.
Indicates the group is
full. No further slots are likely. A full group has 25
Day 01 – Arrive Pathankot & Drive to Jot Hill Top
You will be reaching to Pathankot railway station by yourself. From here we will pick you by exclusive sumo, bolero or similar car. We will drive to Jot Hill Top enroute Dalhousie. Reaching Jot Hill, we will stay at forest guests house.
Day 02 – Jot Hill to Bairagarh
Morning after breakfast we drive to Bairagarh. This will be a unique drive passing through the mountains passes, numerous waterfalls and amazing landscape. It’s a drive of 5 – 6 hours (110 Kms). In the evening we will reach to Bairagarh where we will check in at homestay. Time is at leisure to visit small village. Dinner & overnight at homestay.
Day 03 – Bairagarh – Sach Pass – Bairagarh
Morning after breakfast & leisure. Later we will drive to summit the beautiful & challenging Sach Pass (24 Kms per way). This is entirely off-road, bumpy & quite uncomfortable drive throughout. You will be crossing snow wall, dangerous road-cut and much more. This is thrilling. Summit the top and later drive back to same homestay in Bairagarh for dinner & overnight.
Day 04 – Bairagarh – Bharmour
Early morning (no breakfast – we will have breakfast on the way). We will be driving to Bharmour – another off-beat destination of western Himalayas. It will be an off-route drive of around 150 Kms. Later reaching there & check in at homestay. In the evening you may also visit famous chaurasi temples in the village.
Day 05 – Bharmour – Kugti - Bharmour
Today we will drive to Bharmani Mata Temple and then later drive to Kugti village (an off-route shepherd village). Visiting far located nomad village in Himalayas is amazing. It is 3 – 4 hours drive. We will spend our time in Kugti village interacting local people, knowing their lifestyle etc. In the evening drive back to Bharmour. Dinner & overnight at same homestay.
Day 06 – Bhramour – Pathankot Drop
Morning after breakfast we will drive back to 160 Kms (4 – 5 hours drive) and transfer you to Pathankot railway station.
- If cancellations are made 10-20 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made within 5-10 days before the start date of the trip, 70% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Same day no refund policy
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- Given price are per person based
- No refund of unused activities
- No refund if due to bad weather or political moment, the paragliding, hiking & rafting activities are not operational
- Please avoid taking this package during winter months
- 05 nights stay at homestay, guests houses and standard accommodation during this high altitude tour
- Daily fresh & specially prepared breakfast & dinner
- Daily morning & evening snacks, tea & café
- Expert mountain tour guide (if group is 6 or more people)
- Every night camp bonfire & DJ music and fun at camping
- Private sumo or similar car for entire tour from Pathankot to Pathankot
- Any kind of Volvo ticket or Train Ticket to arrive or depart from Pathankot
- Things which are not mention in inclusions section
- Cost arising out in situation which is not in our hand such as flood, strike etc.
What to bring
- Hiking Shoe
- Warm clothing
- Sun cream lotion
- Walking pair of shoe
- Water bottle
- Sun glass